If you have a lot of consumer debt like credit card debt or other non-mortgage or non-student loan debt, you might be better served by going to a consumer credit counseling agency. However, many of our clients have mortgages and student loans and some credit card debt that we can work together on to pay-off in a timely manner.
We work virtually with clients all over the country using video conferencing technology like Skype or Google Hangouts as well as in office visits for our local clients. We are based in Far Northern California (Redding) and we frequently visit clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, in Portland, Oregon, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and in the state of Iowa.
Woven Capital is a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm which means our only compensation comes from the clients we serve. We receive no commissions or kickbacks of any kind. Strategy Sessions are billed at the time of service while our ongoing packages are billed monthly after an upfront planning fee. Investment management services are billed quarterly in arrears based on the total amount invested.
No. We do not sell insurance, nor do we prepare taxes or estate planning documents (ie Trusts, Wills, or Advanced Directives). As a part of our services, we are very happy to refer you to qualified individuals who can help you.
In a technology-enabled world, it is essential to take precautions with your personal information. Woven Capital has policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information. Additionally, the companies with which we transact investment-related business take your security very seriously as well.
You can stop your subscription at any time. There are no long-term contracts. However, we hope that you will let us know in advance so that we can remedy any issues that there may be.
- Realizing you don’t have the time or inclination to manage all the moving pieces of your financial life.
- Feeling stuck or feeling overwhelmed with your money — not knowing what to do next.
- Being in a transition period in life – moving, starting a new job, growing a family, starting or growing a business, getting divorced, or dealing with the loss of a loved one.
- Having a specific life-goal that you’d like help achieving.
We believe in using low-cost investment vehicles that are broadly diversified. This includes foreign and domestic, varying company sizes, and typically includes stocks (equities), bonds (fixed income), real estate, commodities, and plain old cash.We believe that for most people, passive investment management is the most prudent course of action. However, once a solid financial foundation has been created it is possible to invest outside the box. Every client is different and their lives are dynamic; thus we believe in creating flexible, agile, and relatively simple investment portfolios. However, we also believe that sometimes the best investment is in oneself rather than in the stock markets. We believe in the power of compound interest however we believe that an individual’s financial success will be determined, moreso by the amount they save over a lifetime, rather than the out-performance of their portfolio. We believe in starting to invest early but that it is never too late to begin.
A few reasons why you should choose Woven as your financial planner…
- We’re CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS which means we have education, experience, passed an exam and abide by an ethical standard. You wouldn’t go to a dentist who didn’t go to dental school, right? So why would you go a financial planner who didn’t get prove competence by getting a certification?
- We’re not your grandpa’s financial planner, which means we won’t look at you cross-eyed when you mention anything about social media,plus we plan to continue serving clients for many more years than your average financial planner who is nearing retirement.
- We’re fee-only which means we work for you, not some big Wall Street corporation.
- We embrace technology when it helps us do what we do a little better. That means if you have a question or need help, we’re just a text or email away (or phone or email or Skype).
- We’re big-picture thinkers which means we understand how you’re weaving together life, family, career, and business, because we’re doing the same thing.
- We recognize that Woven may not be a fit for everyone, and that is okay. There are many great financial planners around the country who are doing amazing work for their clients some of whom we know personally. If you’d like a referral, please feel free to contact us.